Friday, October 19, 2012

On the Road to Organization: Medical Binder

I am trying hard to get organized.  Really, I am.  I need to.  My life is hectic and chaotic and completely disorganized.  My goal before the year is out is to be way more organized.  One of our big to-do list items is to organize our garage.  That will take days.  For now, I am trying to organize our life in to binders.  Fun.  Truly.

Aside from my work-in-progress household binder, I decided that all of our kid(s) should have a medical binder.  I actually had most of Keegan's doctor visit papers in a folder but that system was only organizational as in they were in one place but not separated, not quick to shuffle through....

For Keegan's navy binder I made a basic front cover and spine label and then on the inside I did a coordinating Table of Contents page.  I added 8 pocketed page dividers, whole punched the paperwork I already had, put it all in order, and bingo = 1 medical binder complete.  Well mostly complete.  I am sure in organizing said garage that is still in a disarray from our move I will come across some more papers to add.  But mostly complete.  Now when he has a well visit, sick visit, or anything in between, I can grab the binder and go.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really well organised! I'm in the process of getting a divorce and a binder like this will be really useful to travel with the kids between their homes. Thanks.

Keri said...

Thanks, Keda! Amazing how a little bit of organization can make us feel less chaotic, and I sure need more organization and less chaos! Every little bit, right?

KConti said...

Please send something so I can see what your pages actually look like. And how to buy them if I like it

Keri said...

Hi there! There is nothing to purchase - I just typed it up in Microsoft Word to use in the front of a binder and then used some standard dividers to divvy everything up with based on the chosen sections. Easily Customizable to create one for your own personalized needs (you can just type up a "Table of Contents" and divide accordingly). Hope that helps! Thanks!