Sunday, September 7, 2014

Caelyn Grace at One - what a blessed baby you are!

Our sweet Caelyn Grace turned one just under one month ago.  And in true fashion, just as everything's been these last couple of years, I did not post on her birthday.... life is chaotic and stressful and I am behind.  Always behind.

But, one thing is for sure, I am blessed! Not only do I have my mama's boy Keegan, but I have the sweetest, most delightful little girl Caelyn!  Tomorrow is her baptismal birthday so it is fitting in some ways to write this post now.  God has given me these amazing blessings in spite of my failures and short comings. The idea that one day I will not be on this earth with them is more than I can bear, but I know I can rejoice in the promise that I will spend eternity with them with Him.

My Caelyn Grace, may you always bring a smile to the faces of others as you do now.  May you always give love, laughter, and pure joy to the those around you.  But, my wish for you, is that you will receive in return throughout all of what I hope to be a very long, happy, and healthy life, all of the amazing blessings you have already given in this past year and continue to give.

But please, my sweet sweet girl, slow down! You, at such a tender age, have already had such a desire to just be a big girl!  Slow down!  Enjoy life and all of it's phases without rushing into the next one, if not for your own sake, then for mommy's!  Once you started walking (surprisingly at about 11 1/2 months and not sooner), you took off!  You never really did have a penchant for baby food and think sippy cups are for the birds! You're sassy and actually "talk back" and yet you do it in a way that makes you all the more endearing!  What, my dear girl, are we going to do with you!

You're a total mama's girl and yet you also have daddy and bubby wrapped around your little fingers. Grandma can't get over how beautiful and brilliant you are. Even your teachers love you and want to make you their own - crying and upset when you moved up into the big girl "ones" class!  The director of your school keeps asking when you are going to be gracing the cover of a magazine with your gorgeous looks and bubbly personality!  The sky is the limit in this life that is yours and I look forward to seeing you make it all that you can!  But remember, please slow down, for mama's sake!

I love you more than you will ever know and always will, my sweet Caelyn Grace!

 







No comments: