Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baking and Bible Study

So I took a page from a(wonderful new) friend Megan (who also happens to be the Pastor's wife... she is just too cool and has 2 young girls - so cool for Keegan to be able to grow up with all these kids in church!).... And have been baking treats for bible study. This way I can bake, taste, and give the rest away so (as much as I may want to) I don't eat the whole batch myself!

Megan is a far superior baker than I am. I tend to do most things semi-homemade. This recipe seems easy enough and not from a box mix!

I have made cake pops (really cake balls since I don't use the sticks) in strawberry and lemon, pumpkin muffins, and devil's food cake balls. I love making things that are 1 or 2 bites and can easily be eaten without utensils. Tomorrow we have our monthly bible study and I am going to make Butter Balls to bring. The recipe is an old recipe my mom had from a neighbor years ago. My mom swears they were delicious. And I happen to have all the ingredients already.

Butter Balls:

1 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts)
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375.
Blend sugar and butter. Add vanilla and chopped walnuts. Mix well.
Gradually add flour and salt. Shape doough into small balls. Put on cookie sheet and bake for 15 mins.
While still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar.

No comments: