Saturday, September 1, 2012

Keegan's Cardboard Car

Inspired by a post on Pinterest (here: http://pinterest.com/pin/17732992252271625/) I decided to make Keegan a cardboard car to play in. He's still at that age where playing in boxes is fun. But it's not that pretty and I wanted a project. So I used a heavy duty fruit cardboard box, painted it with acrylic paint (which is where I was originally going to stop), and then went a little overboard with embellishments. I added a mini bicycle license plate, mailbox reflectors as brake lights, and the budget buster of tap lights as the headlights. I didn't shop around for the tap lights so I paid more than I planned at $6.50 for the two. Originally I was going to do either clear/white or yellow reflectors but I could only find red that were big enough. I also purchased little sticky circle mirrors that are meant to be put on your side view mirrors to use as sideview mirrors but I haven't figured out the best way to add them on. The mirrors, reflectors, and license plate were all fairly inexpensive.

Keegan likes it :-)
 

No comments: