Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Party Planning: Take Two

Starting to feel really good about the party planning so far!  We have all but decided to have a smaller party at Family Music Time and then a family dinner either later that day or a different night that week.

I love love love to host but would want to host the dinner at my house (which now I will do because it will not be 40-60 people) and then we can have a blast with (up to 12) kids and their parents at the Music Studio the Saturday before Keegan's birthday.  I just hope the availability is there!

Also thinking that because it would only be 12 kids I can do nicer party favors.  I'm tossing around the idea of making Mickey (and maybe Minnie for the girls) stockings to hold their favors and then a Mickey ornament to go inside.  I might even be able to get Mickey Christmas books at the dollar store or Target dollar section to go in it!  If not books, I am sure I can get a couple other little Mickey goodies.  This is so exciting to me!

And of course there will be food at the music class too.  I'm thinking of keeping it somewhat simple with just crackers, Mickey shaped cheese (you can buy pre-cut like Mickey from Walmart!), possibly fruit and/or veggie trays, and then desserts - fun Mickey themed desserts.

I'm starting to get in my party planning mode again!

No comments: