Saturday, September 22, 2012

Keegan's "Not-So-Baby" Room

I've been working on Keegan's room and it is bittersweet.  It is still very toddler-esque but most of his sweet nursery bits are gone.  While there is still a crib and changing table, there are brighter colors and a whole heck of a lot more toys.  Slowly but surely it has been coming together and now all that is left is really just painting the rocker white and making navy slip covers for the cushions.

When I was pregnant I had registered for (and received) some fun animal baskets that fit in the cube spaces. The colors were lime green, aqua, and navy and I figured the lighter tones and navy nursery colors could evolve in to those bolder brighter colors.  Next up was all the baskets in similar colors from Dollar Tree.  You just have to love Dollar Tree for baskets and baskets for organizing.  Our baskets have books in some, cars in some, musical instruments in some.... it's a way to keep things clean and organized easily!

In addition, Keegan loves Buzz and Woody from Toy Story.   He has never seen Toy Story, but he loves them nonetheless.  The colors go perfect - I found the Toy Story table and cube chairs from Walmart on clearance for about $20.  And of course his tons and tons of toys actually are all bright and cheery too.

The final touches were pinterest inspired.  I bought certificate frames (from Dollar Tree) and painted them navy, aqua, and lime green with cheap acrylic paints and then printed up some printables (I found through my sister through pinterest) to frame.  You can write on the outsite with dry erase markers too.

Now to the pictures - which I apologize but my only working camera right now is my iPhone and I am no photographer.  I can't wait to have a really nice camera....one day....


Keegan's Nursery (before):


 (not quite finished/before his arrival)





(SO TINY!)

Keegan's Room



 
 
 
 






No comments: