Sunday, November 25, 2012

Keegan's School Pictures Part II (And some thoughts on the presidential election)

Remember my post of Keegan getting ready for his school pictures in October?  You know, the one where he so determinedly tried to start my car with the house keys, in the tire?

Well he took "cute" photos this time around - yay!  In the spring his pictures were less than desirable and did not catch my Lovie and his ultimate cuteness.  This time, the pictures are pretty cool.  I think it is extremely hard to catch his true cuteness in any photos so I was pleased.

The results:



Speaking of results, if you really know me (and the majority of my family), you would know that the results of this year's presidential election did not match my voting.  I remember wishing last go round that Romney had won the Republican nomination.  He's an economist and we need(ed) that.  He appears to be a part of a good moral background with similar values and beliefs that I myself hold to be true.  I do not believe one must be white or a Christian to be our president.  I was deeply saddened to hear people berating people I know that if they did not vote for Obama then they were racist.  Surprise!  Look at my child.  He's black, like Obama.  I am not racist.  Sorry, I digress....

What I am trying to say is I am super proud to be an American.  We are a system of checks and balances. The President has my respect and my prayers as do the rest of our leaders.  And our Great Nation shall go on. I think a great way for people to make a difference is to start locally.

God Bless America. Amen.

No comments: