Sunday, November 4, 2012

More Fall Fun!

On a lighter note, we tried to take advantage of the beautiful start to our fall and have some fun this last week or so.

Friday Night (10/26) we went to Lehigh Elementary where Aunt Kiki (my sister) works and had a blast with Grandma and cousins Craig and Connor.  There were bounce houses, games, face painting, popcorn, and a fire truck!

THE Famous "Aunt Kiki"

The hand holding melts my heart every time!







After our fun night at the Lehigh Elementary School Fall Festival, the next day was costume day at Music Class!  Keegan and his first love Avery are in music class together.  How cute are they!?!?!




 What's that you said?
It's time for the lullaby?  Time for the lullaby!

Ahhhhshuuuu.....





 
Sunday Keegan had breakfast in bed before church - so spoiled!  Then that evening we went to the Lakes Park Pumpkin Patch where we met Aunt Kiki and then Grandma & Bob stopped by briefly.

More pancakes, pleeeesseee!!!
 





 
 
Tuesday Keegan got sent home from school early.  He had a fever and his cough was back with his bad breathing and snotty nose.  I decided to definitely take him to the doctor in the morning because he seemed even sicker than normal and was a bit lethargic with no appetite.  My poor boy.  I was able to get him an appointment first thing on Wednesday (Halloween) morning.  The diagnosis was.....
Pneumonia!  I couldn't believe it.  It made me so sad.  Worst mom of the year here!  I felt like crying in the doctor's office.  The doctor tried to assure me that it could have just become pneumonia in the last day or so and he most likely wasn't walking around with it for weeks.  He also had fluid in both of his middle ears.  The start of ear infections but not too bad yet.  I told Keegan "looks like you'll miss out on all of the Halloween festivities later" and the doctor actually said once he has his first dose of medicine and some rest throughout the day he should be fine to go out for a little while at night.  So I did what most moms would be appalled at, and I took my pneumonia ridden child to Trunk or Treat to help Kara with our Mickey themed trunk.  Granted, she did all of the work there for the most part.  I was dealing with a very cranky Keegan and seriously doubting my decision to bring him to the event.  The decorating was a joint project for Kara and I.  Here's some pictures of the decor and trunk. Judge me if you must.  It didn't hurt Keegan at all and he was back at school by Friday.
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday was another awesome music class and the charity sale at Belk. I managed to do some serious damage - yikes!  Then Sunday was Keegan's sweet Avery's 2nd birthday party at Lakes Park!  I love those kids!
Keegan and the birthday girl ditching their game of "Soccer" to go get cake!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jay's actually off this week from work and I have a few days off, so the plan is to get a lot of stuff done around the house (who takes 6 months to move in?!?!?  we do, unfortunately....) and then we are having a get together on Saturday.  I can't believe it, but Keegan's party is only 1 week after that.  Our lil man is growing up!

 
 


No comments: