Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Fun (and Foolery)

This weekend was jam packed with fun and foolery - or at least it felt that way!  Our nephews spent Friday and Saturday night with us.  Take 3 individually (ok - one of them is actually relatively calm when alone) hyper little boys and put them together for nearly 48 hours and what do you get?  A tornado of activity!

Keegan could not contain his excitement that his cousins were over!

He even had a buddy to eat his beloved "bice" (rice) with:




There was lots of playing with cars and Legos, movie watching, coloring, and shrieking to fill the time!  The first night my younger nephew wasn't quite feeling being in unfamiliar surroundings and his crying woke Keegan up.  Then my nephew went back to sleep just fine, but Keegan did not want to sleep in his crib if his cousins were having a slumber party on his floor!  The problem was Keegan wanted to cuddle with his cousins (too cute) but they wanted to rest in peace.  So Keegan was up for about 4 hours in our bed kicking us, talking to us, climbing on us.... we were exhausted Saturday!

Saturday brought music class for Keegan where he could see his love Avery.  He was still quite cheeky and hyper!  My mom watched the boys for several hours so that Jay and I could nap while Keegan napped.  Then the insanity began all over again :-) 

After dinner I put Keegan down and (other than waking up briefly twice in the middle of the night - once being quite concerned for Nemo's daddy since he is super obsessed with Finding Nemo and especially Nemo's daddy) he slept through the night!  My nephews helped me as I started the crafting for Keegan's 2nd birthday party.




I had to cut all sorts of homemade Bakugan party favors for my nephews because the oldest nephew decided it was Big Mickey's (mouse that is - his favorite stuffed animal) birthday today. By the time they went to sleep, they slept through the night!  Score! I had told my nephews about the baby monitor so that they knew I could hear them and they would be safe.  Bright and early in the morning, my youngest nephew kept repeating in to the monitor "Aunt Keri, Keegan wants out. Aunt Keri, Keegan wants out."  Good looking out.


Today was church - thank you Jesus! Keegan stayed home with Jay while I went to service by myself today. It feels weird without my Keegan there but he's still kind of snotty.  I asked Jay to give Keegan a nebulizer treatment while I was gone. He's becoming an old pro:


 
 
Then this evening we decided to go to the pumpkin patch - it is THE pumpkin patch in Lehigh hehe...  The church at the corner of Leeland Heights and Richmond always has a pumpkin patch each year.  I've never gone, but always drive past it.  Last year Kara and I took Keegan to Lakes Park but he wasn't walking yet.  Not only is he walking this year, but he is running and in to everything too!  He had a blast!  It was so much fun to watch him chase around to find his beloved pumpkins!
 
 










 
 
To top off our evening, we went to Beef O'Brady's.  They are supposed to have some Oktoberfest type specials.  Jay had sausage.  Keegan and I had "normal" food ;-)  I did have a Sam Adam's Boston Lager beer which was fallesque.
 
Jay took in the football games while Keegan took in Disney Junior on my phone.  They were making the same expressions!  The pictures didn't quite catch that because Jay noticed I was going to take the photos so he started to smile.
 


I LOVE my men!  And I love fall!  I give God so much thanks for all of my many blessing! We topped off our night saying our prayers with Keegan - nothing sweeter than hearing him say "Our Father......"
 



No comments: