Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Lunch and Belk Charity Sale

I wanted to take a walk on the wild side with Keegan's lunch today.  Of course I was running late as usual and, well, my wild side just isn't too wild.  I was planning on making Mickey PB&J because Keegan always eats his lunch when it is fun shaped PB&J and lately he hasn't been eating much.  But then they caught my eye!  My extra large tub of Wilton Cookie Cutters!

I haven't really used these cookie cutters yet but there are 101 awesome shapes that were dying to be put to good use.  The first few I pulled out were actually too big for the bread (think large gingermen!).  Then I saw a pumpkin.  I love fall.  Pumpkins = Fall.  Keegan loves pumpkins.  PERFECT!

The next question that crossed my mind was, will Keegan (or his teachers for that matter!) know that it is a pumpkin?  Solution!  Use food safe markers to make it look more pumpkiny!  And just to play it safe, I showed Keegan his sandwich and told him it was a pumpkin too....

The "tools":





The "Pumpkin":

      


I thought it was kind of fun and I am thankful I FINALLY have a good use for some of those fun cookie cutters that I got at a SUPER GOOD price at a Belk Charity Sale.   And since the next Belk Charity Sale is coming up - why not talk about it!?


FROM THE FOUNDATION FOR LEE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS:  

On behalf of Marshall T. Bower, Esq., President & CEO


The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools will once again participate in the Fall Belk Store’s Charity Day Event. Please see the attached flyer for all the great savings during this 4 hour event at all participating Belk Stores.


The Foundation is selling $5 tickets which you can redeem for the full value of $5 on items that cost more than $5 at a Belk Store on Saturday, November 3rd from 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. Purchase as many $5 tickets as you can expect to buy items. The best part is your purchase is a donation to The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools. All proceeds will benefit Foundation programs and initiatives such as the Teacher Resource Center, Classroom Grants and The Academy of Teachers.



To purchase tickets (checks or cash only)or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact Beverly Burke at Beverly@leeschoolfoundation.org.



See me if you want a ticket!  $5 donation per ticket to The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools (if you purchase your ticket before hand through me or the The Foundation - cash or check) and then you save $5 off of your bill.  Win-Win.  And you can purchase more than 1 Coupon (the local Belk will let you use more than 1 coupon on your bill as long as you have as many items and are spending as much....no cash back).

The Flyer:



No comments: