Friday, October 26, 2012

Refreshed (BSLC)

Some people just have a way of making you feel rejuvenated, energized, motivated, and plain old good.

My dear friend Tiffany is like that.  What a blessing she has been in my life the last 15+ years let alone just the last few!

Family Music Time had parent play date night last night and we (after being torn as to what to do and wanting to be in two places at one time) bypassed our monthly Young Adults Beef O'Brady's bible study (how cool is that!? You should come some time!) and went to the parent play date.  It was so informative and will help us make the most of our time as members of the Family Music Time community.  Keegan has just grown leaps and bounds in so many facets due to this music class - and it's only our second semester!

But alas, Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church was not far from our minds!  After the music class we went to dinner and talked all things BSLC.  We are so excited about some new areas for growth and ministry in our small little church that is also growing leaps and bounds. 

It was an interesting discussion and realization that WE will be the potential future leadership of the church.  Some day WE will take over the reigns and so it is important to get involved now and keep our children and families and friends all growing together in a positive way.  Also by WE I don't just mean Tiffany and I, but Tiffany and I know we are a part of the WE.

We both really believe that God put is in this church for a reason, whether it just be for our benefit or to serve as well. Okay, God, we hear you loud and clear! 

Our discussion of course came to vocation.  We have our standard vocations and things we each feel compelled to be a part of.  Our vocations in life cross many paths with each other and we can build off of each other's strengths and support each other's weaknesses. We also talked about how vocations don't necessarily mean always enjoying what you do or the easy way etc.  Sometimes our purpose, our vocations, can be the hard thing to do and include sacrifice. It's also so easy to question when I feel like my own life is a mess and broken. Man am I broken.  Simul justus et peccator. But I digress....

I still don't completely know what I am to do in life.  I truly, truly feel that God's path for me is to be a mom.  I feel I am meant to have more kids and to be hands on in raising them.  What more noble cause is there?! I also truly, truly feel God wants me to be at BSLC and to serve him there.  Of course going to worship each week is something He wants.  But that's not really serving Him.  That's reinforcement of his grace and a recharge for the week. He wants me to Serve.  I think this next year is going to start bringing some of this to the forefront.  For now, I am ready!  I have my co-conspirator Tiffany by my side which just makes me more energized. I may struggle along the way but I know His Will will be done.

No comments: