Monday, October 8, 2012

Flashcard Organization

In case you haven't noticed (which if you know me, you probably noticed all to well), I become easily consumed (okay - obsessed!) with things.

One of my more recent obsessions has been Keegan's schooling and all things knowledge.  Recently, to coincide with my obsession, the Target Dollar Days section had lots of flashcards.  I had already been obsessed with their and Dollar Trees flashcards that were usually of the Mickey, Pooh, and Veggie Tales variety.  Now they had all sorts of learning ones, including ones that will be above Keegan's head for a while.  I stocked up.

Something I noticed about flashcards is how hard it is to keep the boxes in shape.  I was able to buy index card holders at Walmart on clearance to organize them.  I am "building" my mommy school supplies in coordinating Thirty-One gifts (www.mythirtyone.com/karawilliamson) organizers and the index card holders matched perfectly.

I printed labels for the holders on 2"x4" mailing labels and used packing tape on top of that to secure them better and somewhat water proof them.  I am happy with the end result.  Pretty and Functional and Educational.  Triple Win.

My "stash" of flashcards:


The printed-at-home labels on the index card holders - I doubled up on most of the sets:

Stashed away neatly in a Thirty-One Gifts All-in-One Organizer:



No comments: